Saturday, February 2, 2013

AWAKE / 2013 BLOOM! Committee Retreat

I slept, but my heart was awake.
A sound! My beloved is knocking.
"Open to me, my sister, my love,
     my dove, my perfect one..."
           Song of Solomon 5: 2a

"As the day blows shadows away my love speaks to me...arise my darling...
awake...
come away...
up to the cleft of the rock on the winding stair...
fly my dove and meet me there...
come away... come away."
-Lori Harris, from "Come Away on her lift*ed album.

January 2013 began with a BLOOM! committee retreat involving 11 committee members and pastor's wives,  and our long-time sister and friend, Lori Harris, at the Journey Home in Dearborn, Missouri.  We filled 24 hours with worship, Bible Study, prayer, and sharing.  As we thought about the events of the past year, as we envisioned what God would have for our women this year, we felt it is a time to AWAKE--to shake off our slumber and to become fully conscious of the love of our Father for each of us.

Lori led several worship sessions designed to lead us to the throne of God, we shared Scripture, and passions, and the Words of the Year that God was speaking to us.  Heather Jones shared a basic outline of the church schedule for the year.  We are so grateful for the opportunity that God gave us to connect with Him, hear His voice, and prepare for the year ahead. 

This retreat was also designed to build relationships between the BLOOM! and Eau Committees which have combined for women's ministry this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment